Join Alzheimer Scotland for a gentle stroll around Perth's North Inch, following the path around the park.
Take the shorter 2.5km walk for a gentle stroll around the beautiful park which is suitable for Memory Walkers of all ages including pushchairs and wheelchairs. The longe r5km walk will take you further into the park and explore the woodlands. Please note all routes and distances are subject to change.
There will be exciting activities to keep you entertained prior to the walk starting.
Whilst enjoying the fun activities please take the opportunity to take time and think of those you are walking for by completing your 'I'm Walking For' signs and adding a loving memory to our Memory Wall.
Why should you take part?
All funds raised at the Memory Walks will be reinvested into your local community. By fundraising for Alzheimer Scotland you will be enabling them to continue to fund:
- expansion of local Dementia Resource Centres and Community Groups that keep people free from isolation and connected to their community.
- A network of local Dementia Advisors who provide vital support to people with dementia and their families throughout their time living with dementia.
- A 24-Hour Freephone Helpline (0808 808 3000) which operates 365 days per year providing information and support to anyone concerned about or living with dementia.
- Alzheimer Scotland national and local campaigning work that ensures that the rights and voice of people with dementia and their carers are upheld and listened to at every level in our society.
- Alzheimer Scotland Research Centres and ongoing support of the Scottish Dementia Research Consortium in our quest to improve care today and ultimately find a cure for tomorrow.
You can regsiter to walk via the website here >>>
We've rounded up some of the best virtual events, activities and downloads from the amazingly resourceful businesses, creatives, historians and gym instructors of Perthshire.
Absolutely worth staying in for! #LockdownPerthshire