This August, the streets of Perth will be alive with the sounds of music as a range of pipe bands, music bands and other performers come together for The City of Perth Salute.
Inspired by the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo outreach performance in the city, Perth has come together to create its very own event.
The City of Perth Salute returns for its 4th year to Perth City. The parade of International pipe and military bands are joined by local bands from across Perthshire, in this fantastic free family event on Sunday 18 August 2019.
Watch the parade as it sets off at noon from the South Inch to the North Inch, along Tay Street, culminating in an arena performance on the North Inch which commences at 13.00 pm and runs until approx. 14.15 hrs.
The parade will feature International Marching bands from around the world and guest bands will be on show from the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo. Steel bands, Jazz bands, Mariachi bands, accordion band and Samba will help to bring a carnival feel to the parade. Closer to home Perthshire Brass, the Black Watch ACF Band, Perth and District Pipe Band will all be parading.
There will also be a large contingent from youth bands fresh from competition in the International Youth Band Festival. And a very special appearance from the Atholl Highlanders.
You can expect to see representation from the Sea Cadets, Army Cadets and Air Cadets as well as Boys Brigade, Scouts and Girl Guides along with the junior elements of these youth organisations. The super talented and local, Fair City Baton Twirlers will also be taking part once again.
- Royal British Legion Bikers Vehicles
- Atholl Highlanders Music
- Royal Scot Dragoon Guards Jackals Vehicles
- Perth & District Pipe Band Music
- Julie Young Highland Dancers Foot
- New Zealand Army Band REMT Music
- Boys Brigade Foot
- Black Watch ACF/Boys Brigade Band Music
- Sea Cadets Foot
- Army Cadets Foot
- Air Cadets Foot
- McAndrews Sisters Vehicles Music
- Chinese Marching Block 1 Foot
- Onda Music
- Chinese Marching Block 2 Foot
- Criterion Brass Band Music
- Rickshaws Vehicles
- Alyth, Blairgowrie and Rattray Music
- Scouts Foot
- Canadian Black Watch Army Band REMT Music
- Letham Majorettes Foot
- Dragon In Wind REMT Music
- Adventure Circus Foot
- Samba Ya Bamba Music
- Girl Guides/Brownies foot
- Beats of Brazil + Dancers Morris Young Vehicles Music
- Trinidad and Tobago REMT Music
- Morris Leslie Vehicles
- Ronnie Cowan Vehicles
- Fair city Baton Twirlers Foot
- Mariachi Band + Dancers Music
- RAF Central Band Music
- Twa Tams Stage Morris Young Vehicles Music
- SMVA Vehicles
- Forth Accordion Band Music
- Perth Chinese Community
Around the parade arena on the North Inch there will be static displays of vintage Military Vehicles, displays from Adventure Circus, model Steam engines, the British Legion Bikers Association and the 7th Scots Jackals on show.
At the close of the event the Freedom of the City will be given to Brigadier Mel Jameson.
This is a FREE event. No booking is required.
Check out the Facebook Event Page here >
Information and Advice for Visitors with a Disability to City of Perth Salute
The City of Perth Salute comprises a parade along Tay Street from the South Inch to the North Inch followed by a free arena style performance programme on the North Inch.
The Tay Street route is level and there will be ample opportunities to view the parade from the pavement on either side of the roadway. It is a short distance from Tay Street to the North Inch and access can be made at pedestrian crossing points or via the “dry arch” at Perth Bridge.
With regards to the performance on the North Inch please note the following information.
The venue itself is a parkland setting and a “pop up” arena has been created for the purpose. With recent rainfall the ground will be soft. However all reasonable adjustments have been introduced in order to facilitate access to the site including the installation of track way. All visitors should dress appropriately for the weather conditions.
- There are 3 disabled parking bays in Bells Sports Centre adjacent to the North Inch but this car park may be busy
- Kinnoull Street Multi Storey is a short walk away and the blue badge spaces are chargeable
- There is on street parking within the vicinity of the North Inch but Rose Terrace parking will be restricted due to operational activities in relation to the performers
- There is no parking available on the North Inch parkland
- For information on car parking in Perth city centre see www.pkc.gov.uk/cityparking
- There is a changing place toilet at Bells Sports Centre that is available to the public
- Additional event toilets including toilets for visitors with a disability will be available at the North Inch adjacent to the event
- Accessible Seating
- There will be accessible seating in the grandstands for people with a mobility impairment. If you require to use this area speak to any steward who will point you in the right direction
- There will be space for one carer/guardian with the disabled person in this area
- There is limited space in this area and seats will be on a first come first served basis. The spaces will be clearly identified as such
- Access to the Grandstands
- There will be a track way path into the grandstand areas to allow wheelchair users access. Speak to a steward if help is needed with this
- Keep Safe Quiet Area
- There will be an area next to the medical tent which will be used as a quiet area for visitors with a sensory impairment should they require it. There will be fidget bags to use in this area. This area is however not supervised and it is the responsibility of parents/carers to be in attendance at all times