Craigie Hill Music Festival 2017
It's strange to think that the Craigie Hill Music Festival is only in its second year as it seems to be fast becoming a big fixture in the Perthshire musical calendar. Yet again the weather gods were shining on Craigie and I had an absolute blast (read my full review) photographer Aisling Goodey was on hand to captured pictures of the great bands in action. At Small City Big Personality we are all about supporting local talent so here is a wee bit of information about the acts and how you can find out more about them and buy their music.
- Red Pine Timber Co. are Perth purveyors of quality country music with great songs and one of the finest horn sections you will ever hear. You can find out more information including where to stream and download their music here >
- Dave Low is one of the finest bluesmen gigging in Perthshire at the moment, playing a combination of standards and original compositions you can find out more on his face book page here >
- The Purple Felts are another local band guaranteed to put a swing in your step and you'll be hard pushed to find a better ska band. Check out their "The Jester's Game" E.P. on Bandcamp, odds are good that you'll love.
- If you are a little bit country then you could do a hell of a lot worse than to check out Rancho Re Bop and the Full Moon Howlers at their Facebook page here.
- Show some love and affection in the right direction to local Soul and Funk band The Cascades by checking out their Facebook page here >
- Of course you couldn't have a Craigie Hill Music Festival without inviting Craigie Hill Community Choir. They've been spreading harmony since 2004 when they first opened their doors. You can find out more here.
- Local heroes the True Gents have been on Small City's radar for a while. Check out our story on their album here and then head over to cdbaby to buy your own copy!
- Perth Indie Band Stop the Rain are still in their teens but have already played the legendary King Tut's Wah Wah hut and Glasgow and released a single "Ghosts". Check out their official website here.
- The First Ladies Of Country is a rip-roaring celebration of the music of Nashville's female pioneers and features timeless classics from the likes of Dolly Parton and Patsy Cline. Read our story about them here
- Longstay are another great Perthshire country band who brought a bit of Southern twang to the Craigie Hill Festival. Check out their Facebook page for more information.
- Headliner Eddi Reader doesn't really require any introduction but if you need an update on the legendary singer songwriter you can find out about her future releases and touring schedule at her official website >
About the Photographer- Aisling Goodey
Aisling is an up and coming young photographer who specialises in event photography. She can do anything from live gig photography, solo and band photoshoots to providing you with a full press pack. When photographing gigs Aisling loves capturing the funny moments between band members or the chemistry between the band and the audience More information here>