Zesty Spring Blueberry & Marscapone Tart
By Gill Murray
When I spotted these big plump blueberries this week, I decided a zesty Spring tart would have to be on the menu.
This good looking colourful tart is quick to make and an indulgent treat. However as you sink your teeth into the fresh blueberries you can be rest assured of the health benefits of these little powerhouses from boosting brain health to getting your doze of Vitamin C.
Simple to make yet packs a great taste – a yummy treat for the family or make it and knock the socks off your friends.
- 225g plain flour
- 1/4tsp salt
- 125g unsalted butter
- 80g granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 250g marscapone
- 250ml whipping cream
- 100g icing sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated lemon rind
- 350g blueberries
- Start by making the pastry. Place the butter in an electric mixer and beat until softened. Then add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time then add the salt then the flour until it forms a ball.
- Flatten the dough out on a lightly floured surface into a disc and wrap in cling film and pop in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F and then roll out the dough and press into a lined tart pan. Prick the base with a fork and bake for around 10 minutes until lightly browned.
- Set the tart aside to cool and get started making the filling. Whip together the cream, and mix it together with the marscapone, lemon zest and icing sugar in a bowl and mix well together.
- Fill the tart with the marscapone filling and top with the blueberries.
- Refridgerate until ready to serve but best served the same day.