Spring Vegetable Quesadillas
By Gill Murray
These quesadillas are amazingly simple to make and a very good recipe to add to your list. You can basically mix up your favourite seasonal vegetables - I've used asparagus, spring onions and red pepper - and you only need 3 other ingredients for the filling to mix it all together, so it's easy to memorise.
I love making food like this on a big sharing platter, sticking it in the middle of the table and letting everyone dive in. My boys loved these quesadillas and we had it with homemade guacamole which was a delicious accompaniment.
My guacamole recipe can be found on this previous post HERE >>>
Enjoy! Gill X
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red pepper diced
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 100g spring onions sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus chopped
- 400g tin black beans drained and rinsed
- 125g gouda grated
- 10 mini plain tortilla wraps
- Salt and Pepper to season
- Olive Oil Spray
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the red pepper and cook for a minute. Add in the crushed garlic and spring onions and stir for another minute. Lastly add the asparagus and further cook until tender.
2. Transfer the contents of the pan into a large bowl and allow to cool.
3. When the vegetable mix has cooled, add in the drained and rinsed black beans and the grated gouda and mix well together. Season to taste.
4. Preheat the oven to 180C and spray a couple of baking trays with the olive oil spray lightly. Lay down 5 mini tortillas and spread the mix to cover over each base. Top with the remaining 5 mini tortillas and again lightly spray the tops. Pop in the oven for approximately 15 minutes.
5. Remove from oven, slice into quarters and serve with guacamole.