Is it Spring yet? I was getting excited last week with our wave of sunshine and warmer weather and now I feel like we’ve been pulled back into winter time and the heavy coats are back out again!
This delicious dinnertime casserole is light enough to pay homage to spring time but still warming and comforting enough to carry us through hopefully the last of these cold spells.
Cooking this dish only requires one oven tray, which I love because it means a lot less dishes to clear up. The chilli flakes are optional depending on how much spice you like in your dish – you can increase the quantity to suit your tastebuds.
This dish is a real gem and a huge hit with my boys who can sometimes be quite fussy at the dinner table.
Dinnertime magic and if there is enough left over, pop it in a container and put it in the fridge as it tastes even better the next day.
1. Preheat your oven to 180C and cut up the potatoes. In an oven tray pour in a small amount of olive oil and some salt and toss in the potatoes and the garlic cloves. Coat the potatoes and garlic well in the oil. Put in the oven and cook in the tray for 30 minutes.
2. Take the tray out of the oven and add in the chopped sausages. Mix the sausages well with the potatoes and garlic and pop back in the oven for a further half hour.
3. Again take the tray out of the oven and add in the chopped onion, peppers and season the mix. Put back in the oven for another 30 minutes.
4. Taking the tray out of the oven again, drain and add the tin of cannellini beans and crumble in the stock cubes. Add the paprika and chili flakes and mix all the ingredients together well.
5. Put the tray into the oven for a final 10 minutes, then take out and serve with some crusty bread and Dijon mustard.
Like many of you, we've been coming in to work in various states of dress for the past week or two. I've worn everything from a knee length arran poloneck to a summer dress with tights! its what Grazia Magazine would refer to as Spr-inter dressing.
So I was delighted to see that Gill has jumped on the fashion bandwagon to bring us a Spr-inter recipe. Sausage casserole is the ultimate in comfort food and I love this wee twist of spring that comes with the peppers and beans. Tasty and Trendy!
Leave your comments here and please do share this with your friends! You can also share your photographs and ideas with us. We'd love to see them. As always, tag them #PerthLoveFest and we'll scatter them around our own social media.
Nicki XBy Nicola Martin
There's nothing better than a homemade crumble with a d
September 14th Thursday
These slurpingly tasty mussels are super easy to make and wi
September 7th Thursday
Risotto with red wine and pan fried guinea fowl is on the me
August 31st Thursday