WIN A TOP GIN PRIZE FROM PROVENDER BROWN, ROCK ROSE GIN AND SMALL CITY
For a group of G&T lushes like #TeamSmallCity, the transformation of gin from James Bond's famous highbrow martini mixer, to the on-trend spirit of choice for men and women everywhere, has been a welcome post-millenium bonus!From small artisan distilleries tucked into the woods, to passionate Scottish families dominating the global market, the rise and rise of all things juniper has been incredible to witness.
Gins flavoured with fruits, 40% bottles of dynamite, gin liquers to drizzle slowly into Prosecco bubbles and oh so much more have elevated this once infamous mother's ruin to the lofty heights of Scotland's second national drink.
From small artisan distilleries tucked into the woods, to passionate Scottish families dominating the global market, the rise and rise of all things juniper has been incredible to witness.
With this of course, has been a desire from us Scots to create and imbibe new and wondorous combinations: gone is the Gordons and warm Schwepps, and in its place is everything from grapefruit flavoured gins (see Rock Rose's Old Tom variety
- amazing!) to elderflower tonics, infused syrups and foraged garnishes that lift the scents and tastes of the new botanicals.
And so we want you to turn our summer cocktails into something special; Show is your gin and you could win a fabulous gin-tastic prize that will be the envy of your friends!
SHOW US YOUR GIN!
It can be a new twist on an old favourite, a fancy schmancy new idea with a modern gin, or something you’ve made up and honed to perfection after several nights of 'tasting' and checking!
Here are the rules:
- The gin must be stocked by Provender Brown Deli - with over 100 different bottles in stock, you'll find plenty of choice! See their gin list here >>>
- You must have at least one gin based spirit, one mixer and one garnish
- It must be your original idea
A wee note: "Try it with Irn Bru" might be great at 2am, but its not what we're after!
- Send in your recipe with ingredients, quantities and method. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have a wee story to go with it then stick that in as well!
- Take a pic and send it with the recipe
Closing date is 30th June at midnight. You will be notified by Friday 14th July and the recipe will run before 31st July. Judges desicion is final.
Gill Murray Food Stylist and Photographer will be joined by Diane Brown, Perth's first lady of gin, to whittle down the entries to a finalist list of three. We'll then make the final three and a taste test will determine the winner!
- Gill will then make and photograph the cocktail to feature as a #SmallCityRecipe and you will be invited to the studio to appear in the pics.
- You will be presented with a fabulous Rock Rose Gin Hamper and two tickets for the Wee G & T Festival run by Provender Brown Deli.
- Diane will use your recipe as the official gin taster at this year's Wee G & T Festival on September 14th.