Savoury Carrot Loaf
By Gill Murray
I've been looking to create something delicious that I can serve with a bowl of warming soup on these chilly days. I love savoury loafs and bread and given the abundance of root vegetables in season at the moment, I've come up with this carrot based loaf.
This is sooo delicious served warm from the oven and sliced and served with a bowl of soup or if you just want a quick wholesome snack on the go then it's equally yummy on its own.
The loaf is light and has a lovely golden crust. It's quick to prepare and easy to make. Hope you have a chance to try it out.
Enjoy, Gill X
- 3 large carrots, peeled and finely grated
- pinch of tumeric powder
- 225g self raising flour, sieved
- 100g cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs beaten
- 85g butter, melted
- 60ml milk
- Mix together the sieved flour, tumeric powder and salt in a bowl. In another bowl, beat the eggs and add in the melted butter and milk and mix together. Add this to the dry mixture and mix. Stir in the grated carrots and grated cheese.
- Using a 2lb loaf tin that is lined with parchment paper, spoon in the mixture and level off. Pop into the oven at 180C and bake for 50 minutes or until a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean.