Roasted Pear Crumble
By Gill Murray
I love deserts and as far as crumbles go this is one of my favourites. It’s a real Autumn treat and the delicious crumble topping is packed full of energy boosting seeds and oats.
It's super easy to make and a winning dessert for any occasion. For the kiddies, there's always the option to substitute the mascarpone base for a scoop of ice cream.
- 2 ripe pears cored and halved
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 50g pecan nuts coarsely chopped
- 50g seed mix of pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 heaped teaspoons icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons porridge oats
- pinch of salt
- 125g mascarpone
- Honey to drizzle
- Preheat the oven to 170C. Place the pears, cut side up on a baking sheet and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Roast for 20-30 minutes then leave to cool slightly.
- Next toss the pecan nuts, seeds, oats, caster sugar, pinch of salt and remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a bowl and using another tin, spread over a baking sheet and pop in the oven for 10 minutes, until golden. Remove from oven and leave to cool.
- Whisk the mascarpone and icing sugar in a bowl and spoon onto serving plates, topped with the pears and the crumble. Drizzle with a little honey to serve.