My mum has been making this incredibly simple but absolutely delicious potato salad since I can remember. I grew up with this staple summer dish in our home and it brings back so many good memories.
I spent a large part of my childhood growing up in Gibraltar and I always loved when the BBQ got fired up and mum brought out the potato salad. My mums version of potato salad is a delicious accompaniment to any grilled meat or fish or veggies and she has been making it whilst we are down at the vineyard in France and so couldn't resist sharing it this week.
This potato salad is the absolute taste of summer deliciousness. I have made it so many times I don't need the recipe anymore, and when you know a recipe off by heart then you know its a good one!
Enjoy, Gill X
1. Clean the potatoes and add to a large pot and cover with water. Season with salt then bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer until potatoes are cooked and can easily be pierced with a fork. Drain the potatoes from the pot.
2. At the same time boil 6 eggs until cooked.
3. Add cold water to a bowl and drop in the potatoes and eggs to the cold water and allow to cool. Once cool enough to handle, chop the potatoes into small squares and pop into a serving bowl and peel and chop the eggs into cubes and add into the bowl too.
4. Peel and chop the onions into small squares and add to the serving bowl with enough mayonnaise to bind it all together. Season with the salt and pepper. Gently stir to combine all the ingredients, taking care not to mash the potatoes.
5. Refrigerate for 30 minutes and bring to room temperature before serving. This potato salad can be refrigerated for up to 1 day.
Fed up of Eggnog or Snowballs? Fill up your festive flute wi
December 7th Thursday
Andrew Moss, chef-proprietor of North Port in Perth City Cen
December 6th Wednesday
Corbie and Cheip's team have brought their own unique b
December 5th Tuesday