Mini Spring Frittatas
By Gill Murray
We've been busy preparing our Spring picnic in the Small City Big Personality office and these mini frittatas are a great picnic treat. They can be whipped up really easily and are a great way to use up what’s left in your fridge. So definitely experiment with the veggie mix and use up your scraps – sweetcorn, ham, asparagus, peas….the list could go on. The list of ingredients that would be a great base for these mini frittatas is endless.
If you’re bored of your usual lunchtime sandwich then this is also a great portable lunch and tasty at room temperature too - perfect for the kids lunchboxes.
Loaded with healthy and seasonal vegetables and full of protein, these frittatas are impossible to resist.
- 1 red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 onion
- 1 courgette
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 spring of thyme
- 9 eggs
- 100ml milk
- 100g feta cheese
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Spray two muffin tins with non stick spray.
- Chop the peppers, onion and courgette into small squares and crush the garlic and put it all into a bowl. Add in the leaves from the thyme and season with salt and pepper. Spoon this mixture evenly into the holes in the muffin tins, then pop in the oven for 10 minutes to slightly cook.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs then add in the milk. Mix in the feta cheese.
- Take the muffin tins out of the oven and pour the egg mixture into each muffin hole over the veggie mixture until each hole is about ¾ full. Pop back in the oven for another 10 minutes or until the egg is completely set.
- Allow to cool slightly then pop the frittatas out of the muffin tins and serve.