This year’s Bookmark Festival on Friday 7th & Saturday 8th October promises an even greater variety of impressive literary talent. Headlined by James Naughtie, broadcaster, author and, until recently, key presenter of Radio 4’s ‘Today’ programme, the festival invites its audience to an intimate, friendly and professionally presented weekend feast.
- James Naughtie ('Paris Spring'- Will Flemyng and 'The Madness of July')
- Maggie O’Farrell (‘Instructions for a Heatwave’ and her latest, ‘This Must be the Place’ – release date May)
- Richard Holloway (controversial former Bishop of Edinburgh and prolific author ‘Forgiveness’, ‘A Little History of Religion’ – release date August)
- Sue Lawrence (food turned fiction writer – ‘Fields of Blue Flax’ and newly released, ‘The Night he Left’)
- Sir John Lister-Kaye, naturalist and conservationist (‘At the Water’s Edge’, ‘Gods of the Morning’)
- Stuart MacBride (international best-selling crime author of the Logan McRae series) Latest, ‘In the Cold dark Ground’, published January, 2016.
- Sally Magnusson (Sunday Times Bestseller 'Where memories Go: Why Dementia Changes Everything')
With such an impressive cast, this promises to be a bumper BOOKMARK!
Don't forget to check out The Spirit of Bookmark event where you can join the Bookmark team for a fun-filled fund-raising afternoon in June, before the big event in October. To find out more check it out in our events section>>>