- Location: The Black Watch Castle and Museum
- Hours: Full time including weekend work
- Salary: 18, 870
PURPOSE OF JOB
- To manage the kitchen during the head chef’s absence in areas of profit management, stock, waste control, hygiene, organisation, food standards, training and personnel within the department effectively.
- To provide support, guidance and direction to achieve consistency and high standards of performance and presentation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a safe, orderly and clean kitchen, complying with required EHO legislation. Demonstrate this by using correct food-handling techniques, a food management system and up to date cleaning records. Ensuring Health and Safety compliance is adhered to.
- Preparing food required for the Castle Cafe and catered events
- Responsible in assisting the Head Chef in the daily operations of the kitchen
- Providing leadership and direction to the kitchen team
- With guidance from the Head Chef ensuring all recipes, food preparations, and presentations meet the organisations high standards and commitment to quality
- Assist with menu planning and costing where required
- Maintain budgeted food costs at all times
- Placing food, product and stock orders
- Attend regular management meetings if required during the Head Chef’s absence
Please send covering letter and CV to email@example.com
Closing date - 5pm on Tuesday 21st May 2019Apply Now