Museum Curator Job
- Location: The Black Watch Castle and Museum
- Hours: Full time including weekend work
- Salary: £24,000
JOB TITLE: Museum Curator
REPORTING TO: Chief Executive
DIRECT REPORTS: Archivist | Learning and Audiences Officer | Museum Assistant
LOCATION: The Black Watch Castle and Museum
SALARY: £24,000, full-time position
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 26th May 2019
PURPOSE OF JOB
The curator is responsible for the day-to-day management, development and conservation of The Black Watch Museum and archived collections. For all Museum and collections matters the Curator reports on a daily working basis to the Chief Executive.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
- To document, research, care for, exhibit and nurture the collections to the highest standards, ensuring that it is accessible to the public and that learning is given due priority.
- Devise and execute a Forward Plan for the further development of the Museum, as well as Collections Care Manual, Conservation Plan and, including regular review of policies, procedures and manuals.
- Maximise the visitor experience at The Black Watch Castle and Museum to increase the footfall in line with visitor and revenue targets.
Specifically, the curator is to:
- Ensure that the Museum achieves all relevant accreditations and follows best practice guidelines within the sector for example, updating policies in line with Accreditation.
- Manage financial budgets with the aim of maximising revenue. Submit bids for funds as the need arises during the year. Seek out grant-aided funding for the care and conservation of artefacts and the development of the museum and its collections.
- 3.Direct and supervise the work of the museum and archive team and develop the volunteer programme.
- Develop and enhance the collection through creative and imaginative displays and interpretation including a programme of temporary exhibitions.
- Manage the documentation, storage, care and conservation of the museum and archived collections.
- Seek out advice and the approval of the CEO and Trustees on the acquisition of new artefacts and, when found, apply for appropriate funding and grant giving bodies.
- Support the learning, events and outreach programme.
- Ensure the visitor experience delivered is consistently excellent through the delivery of world-class tours, talks and our research and enquiry services.
- Carry out duties as may be required by the Trust and CEO that are appropriate to the level of the post.
The post holder is expected to work to further the mission and aim of The Black Watch Museum, and to comply with the company’s policies and procedures.
This is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities and the post holder will be expected to undertake other duties within the remit of the job and appropriate to their level of seniority as requested by the relevant line manager.
This job description will be reviewed periodically and The Black Watch & Castle Museum reserves the right to vary the duties within the job description in line with the needs of the business.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your C.V. and Cover Letter to Anne Kinnes, CEO email@example.com
Apply with covering letter and CV to Anne Kinnes - firstname.lastname@example.orgApply Now