Move More Instructor
- Location: Various Locations with Live Active in Perth and Kinross
- Hours: Varied
- Salary: Voluntary
We want to make sure that everyone affected by cancer has access to appropriate physical activity opportunities and we need your help to achieve this. Macmillan Cancer Support is working in partnership with Live Active Leisure to support people affected by cancer to become more active.
- Complete volunteer and role specific training
- Instruct gentle movement sessions for people specifically affected by cancer and supervise those participating in this organised activity
- Listen and talk to people affected by cancer, offering emotional support often on a one to one basis
- Submit basic paperwork after each session
- Attend volunteer support sessions
- Due to the nature of this role, applicants will be required to join the PVG scheme
What will you get out of it?
- Have a rewarding experience, making a difference to people affected by cancer in your community
- Be part of a friendly team of people
- Receive full training for the role and regular support
- Develop an understanding of benefits of exercise for people affected by cancer and make a real difference by delivering a service tailored to their specific needs
- Be reimbursed for agreed out of pocket expenses
- Use and develop your skills, enhancing your CV
How much time should I give?
We’re looking for volunteers who are available to deliver one session each week (approximately 1.5 hours) and ideally able to commit to 12 months as a volunteer after completion of training.
Get in contact to discuss your application, the role in more detail and to answer any questions you may have. Contact Move More on 01738 454651 or firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more
Call us on 01738 454651 or email us at email@example.comApply Now