Fish and Chip Shop Counter Assistant
- Location: House of Bruar Pitlochry
- Hours: Up to 45 hours
- Salary: Competitive
Fish and Chip Shop Assistant
The House of Bruar are looking to recruit a counter assistant for our brand new traditional, yet exquisite, Fish and Chip shop - serving the finest lobster, haddock and cod from Scottish shores; this is no ordinary fryer. Maintaining an extremely high standard to keep in line with the rest of our multi-million pound, luxury department store is essential. This enterprise also sells The House of Bruar’s own traditional sweets, and premium ice cream made especially for us by Mackies. Customer service at the heart of our business, we take pride in ensuring that our ever-growing customer base will feel welcome.
Our objective is to make this business renowned as being the best in Britain. If you enjoy working with fine foods and apply great attention to detail, we would love to hear from you.
Previous experience in working in the hospitality industry is desired but not essential; however, customer service experience would be preferable. This position offers full-time hours and is a permanent role with opportunities for succession.
With over 1.5 million visitors to the site every year, this is a dynamic employment opportunity not to be missed. The successful candidate will be liaising with the Foodhall Buyers and working alongside our Fish and Chip Shop Manager.
- Food cooking (lobster, fish, pies and other menu items)
- Food preparation (making batter, cutting chips, preparing fish etc.)
- Serving customers at the ice-cream and traditional sweet shop counter.
- Setting up the store for opening – cleaning, organising and replenishing stocks.
- Assisting with stock control, including stock rotation and ordering.
- Cash handling, operating tills and using the telephone.
- Increasing sales by up selling and promoting our fine food products
- Maintaining high standards of food hygiene and adhering to Health & Safety acts.
- Any other reasonable duties as requested by your manager/assistant manager.
What we are looking for:
- Experience in working in a commercial fish frying enviroment is desirable.
- Exceptional levels of customer service and attentiveness, equally for each and every customer.
- Great support for your Management Team to work together in achieving company sales targets and operational goals.
- Excellence in communication skills and the ability to work successfully as part of a vibrant team.
- The ability to maintain immaculate store visual standards and keeping cleanliness to a high standard.
- Someone to stand as a role model for The House of Bruar brand with our personal presentation standards.
Who we need:
- A quick learner that thrives under pressure and takes pride in what they do.
- The desire and passion to cook food (particularly fish and chips) to the very highest standards, consistently.
- A customer service ambassador that will positively enhance The House of Bruar’s outstanding service reputation.
- An immaculately presented individual who is representative of our luxury brand in every way.
If you have the skills, are highly organised and able to achieve consistently high standards, then we would like to hear from you. In return we offer competitive pay rates and excellent staff benefits. Please apply by email to Robert Thain, Foodhall Buying Manager on email@example.com or in writing to The House of Bruar, By Blair Atholl, Perthshire, PH18 5TW, enclosing a copy of your CV and covering letter.
Please email a copy of your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or post it to HR Department, The House of Bruar, By Blair Atholl, Pitlochry, PH18 5YWApply Now